Using Calva With Joyride
Joyride is a VS Code extension for user space scripting of VS Code itself. You find the extension here. The scripting language for Joyride is the best you language imaginable: Clojure. And, as is proper for a Clojure implementation, it has a REPL, even an nREPL server.
This means you can connect Calva to Joyride and interactively develop your VS Code scripts.
This video shows Joyride in action, using Calva as the nREPL client.
How to connect
Once you have the Joyride extension installed you can start its REPL and connect Calva to it (a.k.a Jack-in).
Start the Joyride REPL and Connect
This 1 minute video shows the following steps:
- Installing the Joyride Extension
- Isssuing the command Calva: Start a REPL in your Project and (a.k.a Jack-in)
- Isssuing the command Calva: Load Current File and Dependencies
- Evaluating some non-vscode code
- Evaluating code exercising something from the VS Code API
(Right-click the video and choose Full Screeen if it is too tiny embedded.)
How to Get Started with Joyride
Come on, Join the Joyride! ❤️